Hosting your website is basically the maintenance and upkeep of your website after we’ve completed the development. At Inhouse, our hosting fees start at $50.00 per month with no long term commitment.
Sure, there are many companies out there that will host your website for as little as $10.00 a month. But, you’ve heard the old saying, “You get what you pay for”, right? Usually, those companies expect you to manage your website yourself. We’re guessing you have better things to do with your time than to work on your website.
So, for a low monthly fee, you can let us handle it for you. It’s easy, stress-free, and one less thing you have to think about.
Below is a list of things included with your Hosting.
- Provider redundant Internet backbone
- Email hosting on your domain (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Online web-based email reader (similar to hotmail or gmail, but this uses your domain)
- 24/7/365 support for hardware, software, programming, domain, SSL, etc. You have ONE company to contact should problems occur in any of these areas.
- Daily backups with weekly offsite to safeguard against loss.
Remember: Our focus is on websites and making things as easy for you as possible!
About Self or Budget Hosting:
We’re often asked by our customers if we can host their website that we developed at their location or through a budget host (e.g. godaddy.com). Here is a list of things to consider before making that decision:
1. Offsite hosted sites cost more to develop and do less.
Because budget hosts typically don’t support our “native” language (asp, aspx, MS SQL Database), it takes longer for us to create a quality product. We’re also unable to do any active programming offsite.
2. Our ability to support the site is diminished.
If you allow us to be your host, we can make sure all of the non-code parts are taken care of (data and power redundancy, monitoring, server software patching, email, domain renewals, DNS management, SSL renewal and installation). We can’t be held liable for a system we don’t control or have access to.
Our goal is to make this process as easy and stress-free as possible for you, our customer. By allowing us to host your website, we can make sure your website is always up, and that you never experience any downtime. Downtime is expensive and undermines your effectiveness over the internet.
Before you decide to let someone else host your website, understand that taking a Do-It-Yourself approach is a huge responsibility.